- Mortgage rates just dropped to a six-month low, and refinances shoot higheron July 28, 2021 at 11:02 am
Applications to refinance a home loan jumped 9% last week from the previous week, according to the Mortgage Bankers Association.
- Home prices broke records in May, according to S&P Case-Shilleron July 27, 2021 at 1:23 pm
Home prices were 16.6% higher than in May 2020, the highest reading in the S&P CoreLogic Case-Shiller report’s 30-plus years.
- Housing boom is over as new home sales fall to pandemic lowon July 27, 2021 at 12:31 am
After a year of frenzied buying and price gains in the double digits, newly built homes are now out of reach for much of the demand that remains in the market.
- International buyers dropped out of U.S. housing during pandemic, but China is rushing backon July 26, 2021 at 10:59 pm
Sales of U.S. homes to foreign buyers fell by 31% from April 2020 to March 2021, according to the National Association of Realtors.
- Consumer losses due to Covid-related fraud top $500 millionon July 26, 2021 at 8:05 pm
Consumers have reported losing more than $500 million to Covid-related fraud since the beginning of 2020, according to the Federal Trade Commission.
- The national eviction ban ends July 31. What to do if you’re at risk of evictionon July 23, 2021 at 5:15 pm
Millions of Americans could face eviction when the national moratorium expires on July 31. Here are steps they should take to try to protect themselves.
- These companies are sucking carbon out of the atmosphere — and investors are piling inon July 23, 2021 at 11:13 am
Carbon capture is becoming increasingly popular among investors, and these companies are at the forefront.
- Sales of existing homes rise slightly as more listings finally hit the marketon July 22, 2021 at 7:42 pm
After four straight months of declines, sales of previously owned homes rose 1.4% in June month to month.
- Here’s how to tap your house for cash as home prices soaron July 22, 2021 at 4:00 pm
With record amounts of home equity on hand, homeowners may be able to lower their monthly payments, take cash out — or all of the above.
- Volatile interest rates cause mortgage demand to dropon July 22, 2021 at 1:20 am
A mixed picture of mortgage rates last week was enough to put the brakes on a recent rise in refinance demand.