- More home sellers are sitting out of the spring housing marketon March 30, 2023 at 5:36 pm
New listings in March were 20% lower than the same month last year, keeping home prices higher and competition strong.
- Pending home sales squeezed out a tiny gain in February, as mortgage rates jumpedon March 29, 2023 at 2:00 pm
The average rate on the popular 30-year fixed mortgage started February right around 6% and ended the month just over 7%
- Mortgage demand gets a boost from bank volatility, but it may be short-livedon March 29, 2023 at 11:00 am
Interest rates declined following turmoil in the banking sector, helping lift demand for mortgages.
- Rent growth drops back to pre-pandemic levels, but some markets are falling much harderon March 28, 2023 at 7:17 pm
Apartment rents have increased slightly for the past few months, as seasonally stronger spring activity kicks in.
- Home prices cool in January, even falling in some cities, S&P Case-Shiller sayson March 28, 2023 at 1:10 pm
Prices have been falling for seven straight months, but the decline was a bit smaller in January likely due to a brief drop in mortgage rates.
- Ready to remodel? Here are the home projects that will get you the best return on your investmenton March 27, 2023 at 6:03 pm
Here are the top home projects promising the greatest returns in resale value.
- Op-ed: Thinking of moving your primary residence to a tax-advantaged state? Take these stepson March 25, 2023 at 1:30 pm
Before you switch your state of residence in search of lower taxes, remember that state levies are only one factor to consider when changing your domicile.
- Inside a $218 million private island in Palm Beach — Florida’s most expensive home for saleon March 25, 2023 at 1:00 pm
Developers built a brand new house on Tarpon Isle, turned the existing structure into a guest house, and added a giant pool, tennis courts and other amenities.
- This LA mansion is staring down an April 1 deadline before the seller loses millionson March 24, 2023 at 7:37 pm
A new, local mansion tax takes effect in Los Angeles next month, levied upon a seller of any real property that trades for $5 million or more.
- Op-ed: Here are 4 key things investors should consider during volatile timeson March 24, 2023 at 2:00 pm
When markets are volatile, it’s best to review your game plan to avoid making short-term decisions that impact long-term outcomes, says advisor Ivory Johnson.