- Mortgage rates shoot higher after Fed Chairman Powell’s commentson June 17, 2021 at 8:02 pm
Mortgage rates moved decidedly higher after Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell moved up his timeline for raising rates and tapering asset purchases.
- Financial advisors shrug off Fed’s inflation, interest rate forecastson June 17, 2021 at 5:00 pm
The Federal Reserve sped up its timeline to raise interest rates and predicts higher inflation this year. Financial advisors don’t think it’s a big deal.
- Eviction protections for renters will extend beyond June in these locationson June 17, 2021 at 12:49 am
With millions of Americans still behind on their rent, some states and cities will continue to ban evictions after the national moratorium expires.
- Here are some money moves to make while the Fed keeps rates near zeroon June 16, 2021 at 6:17 pm
Rock-bottom rates can help some Americans save money, especially if they can pay down high-interest debt or take out a low-interest loan.
- Mortgage refinances rebound as rates drop temporarily to lowest level in a monthon June 16, 2021 at 2:03 pm
After three straight weeks of declines, mortgage demand came crawling back, thanks to a drop in interest rates.
- Rents for single-family homes just saw the largest gains in nearly 15 yearson June 16, 2021 at 10:49 am
With home prices sky high, demand for single-family rental homes is soaring – and so are the rents.
- Lumber prices soar 275% in the pandemic, shutting out homebuilders: CNBC After Hourson June 15, 2021 at 9:56 pm
- A Covid-era lease break for retailers looks set to become industry standard, WSJ reportson June 15, 2021 at 9:09 pm
Flexible leasing agreements allowed retailers to manage costs and have been particularly helpful for new retailers, the Journal reported.
- With eviction ban expiring in 14 days, many states have given out under 5% of rental assistanceon June 15, 2021 at 7:45 pm
Many states have been slow to give out the billions of dollars in rental assistance allocated by Congress. That could soon result in a wave of evictions.
- Homebuilder sentiment drops to 10-month low, as construction costs drive prices higheron June 15, 2021 at 2:25 pm
Rising construction costs are sidelining buyers and making it harder for some builders to get construction loans.